1. Who are we?
Comité Européen des Entreprises Vins aisbl (hereafter "CEEV" or "we") is an international non-profit association established in Avenue des Arts 43, 1040 Brussels, Belgium and registered under Belgian company number 0442.571.903 and EU Transparency Register number 2663914841-28.
In the framework of our activities, we collect and process personal data, i.e. information that allows us to personally identify individuals (hereafter "data subjects" or "you"). As data controller, we are committed to collecting and processing such data with great care, in full compliance with Belgian and EU applicable legislations, and to protecting them against unauthorized access, unintentional loss, disclosure or damage, through adequate organisational and technical measures.
2. Scope of this policy
3. Which personal data do we collect?
As a general rule, CEEV will only collect personal data that are strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they were collected. This may include the following categories of data:
- Contact details: title, name, surname, address, phone numbers, email address,...
- Personal details (required for registration in meetings with official institutions): gender, place and date of birth, nationality, ID/passport numbers and delivery/expiry dates,...
- Educational and professional details: degree, current and former employer(s), job title,...
- Use of CEEV website: IP address, subscription/un-subscription dates...
- Pictures or video recordings (upon explicit consent only)
4. Why do we collect your personal data and on what legal basis?
CEEV collects and processes your personal data based on the legitimate interest of implementing its core mission, which is to promote the interests of the EU wine industry through appropriate networking and lobbying activities. This general mission may include the following purposes:
- Reaching out to and communicating with relevant national-, EU- and international-level authorities and organisations representatives, as well as stakeholders and media representatives;
- Sending information and press releases on relevant issues;
- Organising and coordinating meetings or events in direct link with our core mission (sending invitations, managing registrations, sending follow-up and take-away content);
- Ensuring your access to relevant information through the CEEV website.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
CEEV will only keep your personal data for the time that is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they were collected (e.g. for the duration of a contractual relationship between CEEV and the data subject or for the duration of a precise project), unless applicable law requires us to hold on to the data for an extra period of time after the end of said contract or project.
You may request us to delete your personal data at any time (see your rights under point 8). However, this might prevent us from keeping you informed about CEEV activities.
6. Do we transfer your personal data?
CEEV will not transfer your personal data to third parties, unless necessary to carry out the purpose(s) for which they were collected. For the purpose of organising meetings and events, for example, your personal data may be shared with third parties such as the EU institutions' security services, external logistics partners or online tools used to support your registration or participation.
Should we need to transfer your personal data outside the EU, we will make sure that the recipient shows appropriate guarantees of a sufficient level of data protection. In the absence of such guarantees, we would ask for your consent first.
- Essential cookies
Ensure smooth navigation on our website.
- Preference cookies
Collect information about your choices and preferences and make your navigation more pleasant and personalized.
- Analytics cookies
Gather information about your use of the website, in order to improve its content, better adapt it to your needs and increase its user-friendliness.
- Sharing cookies
Allow you to share the content of the website with other people via social networks (Twitter, Facebook,...).
8. What are your rights?
As data subject, you have the right to:
- Access the personal data that CEEV holds about you;
- Have them completed or rectified in case of inaccuracy;
- Restrict their use to some purposes only;
- Object to their processing (under certain legal conditions);
- Request that all your personal data be deleted from our systems;
- Receive them in a structured, machine-readable format that can be transferred to another processor.
For personal data that were collected on the basis of your explicit consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email (see below). We will do our best to answer your request without delay, and in any case within 1 month of receiving your email.
Should we fail to satisfyingly address your query or should you have any further concern about how CEEV handles your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with any supervisory authority in the EU or with the European Data Protection Supervisor.
9. How to contact us?
Belgian company number: 0442.571.903
EU Transparency Register number: 2663914841-28
 Law of 8th December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.